Scarbee Vintage Keyboard Collection K2 + Scarbee Vintage Keyboard FX v1.2.3 [5DVD] | ~ 20GB
Scarbee V.K.C K2 includes both a 16 bit version - a 24 bit version - suitable for Studio use. For Kontakt 2.11 we also included module graphics of all instruments with various controls directly available for the user. Scarbee VKC includes 11 sounds and sample sets of classic vintage keyboards from the 60s and 70s!
Kontakt 1.5.3/ 2.11
EXS24 mk II
MEDIA: 5 x DVD
SIZE: 12 GB
Scarbee VKC includes 11 sounds and sample sets of classic vintage keyboards from the 60s and 70s!
Scarbee C.E.P. (Classic Electric Piano) is the sound of a hot-rodded wonderful electric piano from the 70s with expression and dynamics ranging from warm and mellow, to bright and ‘barking’, but can also produce a dulcet bell-like tone very suited to jazz, funk and R&B. E.E.P. (Edgy Electric Piano) has a dynamic and versatile sound and tends more towards an 'edgier' sound. Certainly, it can deliver a 'soft and sweet' tone, but its light action allows players to easily deliver a performance with more 'bite'.
Scarbee S.E.P. (Sticky Electric Piano) has a sound that sonically lies somewhere between the reedy bite of the E.E.P. and the purer bell tone of the C.E.P. The result is a vibraphone type tone with a very percussive envelope and almost no dynamic response due to it's "sticky hammers".
F.E.P.( Funky Electric Piano) has a big round 'twanging' bottom end and a top end which is wiry and tight. For many, this is as close as they will ever get to a sound which could compete with the cut of an electric guitar. In the the sharp tone and percussive playing style made it a first choice for many funk recordings where it complemented funk guitar rhythms like no other instrument. We sampled each of the 4 standard pickup settings: CA, CB, DA, DB - in both a standard version and a version with mutebar switched ON, resulting in 8 unique sounds! We also made it possible to switch Standard/Mute with Mod-Wheel.
With the F.E.P. and S.E.P., Scarbee introduces 'Horizontal Release Technology', whereby release samples are chosen from the wave pool depending on how long a key has been held - allowing a staccato played note to create a different release tone to a note which is sustained for a longer period. To achieve this, each key sampled on the F.E.P. has 24 release samples assigned to it alone.
The F.E.P. also makes use of advanced triggering options to allow the inclusion of the occasional 'off center' string strike, a well known characteristic of the original instrument. Sampled, mapped and programmed with great love and slavish attention to detail, V.K.C. 1.2 presents all of these classic electro mechanical instruments in their ultimate form.
A neat little feature for the "Vintage Purist": Play key A-1 and you will hear original noise from instument looped. With Noise knob you can adjust the level of the noise - take it completely away if you like a clean sound with zero hum and hiss!
FORMAT: PC/Mac (OSX Mac-Intel/PPC) VST,AU,RTAS
Scarbee is proud to announce the release of our much anticipated Vintage Keyboard FX plugin - a virtual rack packed with outstanding models of a range of different vintage analogue effects processors.
Loaded into the VKFX are eight premium quality effects processors, including the essential electric piano preamp with stereo tremolo, a Compressor, Wah (Envelope Filter), Phase Shifter, Chorus Unit, Overdrive, Tape Delay, and a Valve Amp modelled on arguably the most popular device ever used to amplify electric keyboards (and the model includes the four spring reverb).
• Multiple mode switching allows module architecture to alternate from one popular version of a particular effects processor to another which has a completely different sonic character - at the touch of a button.
• Simultaneous editing of all processors is available via a friendly and intuitive interface presented in the form of a rack of independent modules.
• Module order can be rearranged by simply dragging and dropping modules to where they’re needed, giving users fast and total control over the effects chain.
• Easy A-B morphing between presets makes experimentation and creation of new sounds addictively effortless.
• Highly CPU efficient coding and module layout means that users can load the VKFX without the fear of watching a system’s processor overhead disappear, in the certain knowledge that processing quality is first class.
• All rates and times can be sync’d to VST host, internal clock or left independent for a more ‘analog’ approach. • All parameters are automatable. All parameters are assigned to midi controllers. • A flexible file management system allows one, several or all modules to be loaded and saved – enabling easy mixing and matching of module presets saved from different sessions.
• A generous licensing arrangement allows the licensed user to install and operate VKFX on up to three PCs simultaneously – greatly easing investment costs for users running multiple CPU systems.
• Mouse sensitive tool tips allow the user to get manual-style information by simply hovering the mouse over any area of interest.
• A comprehensive on-line manual in pdf format is only one mouse click away at all times.
VKFX is the perfect partner for any vintage keyboard instrument, and a tantalising environment in which to enjoy manipulating effects on other sound sources.
PC - minimum requirements:
• Pentium / Athlon 800 MHz • 256 MB RAM, 20 MB HD space • Windows XP Home and XP Professional • VST2 compatible Host • Display Resolution 1024 x 768 pixels
PC - Recommended:
• Pentium / Athlon 1.4 GHz or faster • Display Resolution 1152 x 864 pixels, dual monitor setup
Mac - minimum requirements:
• Power Mac G4 867 MHz • 256 MB RAM, 20 MB HD space • OS X Version 10.3.3 or higher • VST2 or AU compatible Host • Display Resolution 1024 x 768 pixels
Mac - Recommended:
• Power Mac G4 Dual 1.25 GHz or faster • Display Resolution 1152 x 864 pixels, dual monitor setup
Enter your email address to subscribe to the SCARBEE newsletter.
(Funky Electric Piano) has a big round 'twanging' bottom end and a top end which is wiry and tight. More...
PRESS & AWARDS
Scarbee K.G.B. - K2 reviewed in Sound On Sound.
Dave Stewart gives it 5/5 stars!